Making the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals a reality
The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are not just empty words to us. We work with the SDGs for two reasons: Firstly, because they help solve some of the most critical challenges in the world today; and secondly, because they help safeguard ROPOX as a company.
It means that we – amongst others – measure our success on our ability to create a sustainable world, and therefore, the SDGs are a natural part of our CSR work.
There are three global challenges, which we help solve:
#4 SDG: Quality education
#6 SDG: Clean water and sanitation
#12 SDG: Responsible consumption and production
#4: Quality education
Education is one of the most effective drivers for sustainable development, and we contribute by:
– Taking in apprentices – either as machinists or machine engineers
– Offering entry-level positions for newly graduated individuals
– Offering internships to engineering students
– Cooperating with engineering students and universities on larger projects and semester assignments
– Investing in further training and education for our employees
– Creating solutions that enable people with limited mobility to participate on equal terms at all levels of education
#6: Clean water and sanitation
In many ways, we are lucky in our part of the world. For example, we have clean tap water in our buildings. Unfortunately, it is far from all public and private places that offer proper sanitary facilities for people with mobility disabilities. That is why we will:
– Help to provide decent toilets, changing rooms and bathing facilities for people with limited mobility
– Contribute to creating more handicap-friendly toilets and changing rooms in public places
– Offer water-saving alternatives for relevant products
– Reduce the use of raw materials, water and energy to minimise the impact on the environment
#12: Responsible consumption and production
If we are to create economic growth and sustainable development, we need to produce and consume goods and resources in a way that leaves as little an impact on nature as possible. This means that we must manage waste and contaminants effectively and sensibly. It is also critical that we reuse as much as possible and help others to a more sustainable consumption pattern. At ROPOX, we help solve this challenge by:
– Minimising the number of parts and reusing as many parts as possible, e.g., recycle waste in the production
– Separating waste and managing hazardous chemicals environmentally correct
– Using environmentally friendly materials like FSC certified cardboard packaging that comes from sustainable forestry
– Informing customers and vendors on how ROPOX products should be handled at disposal
– Investing in new technologies that can reduce waste and optimise the use of resources and thereby minimise the energy consumption per produced part
– Using CO2-neutral electricity produced by wind energy
We are a safe choice – no matter who you are
We think decency is important. To us, it means that our employees, suppliers, vendors, customers and partners always can rely on the fact that we have our things in order.
Our ISO 9001 and 14404 certifications confirm that we comply to the applicable requirements for quality and environmental management, and our SMETA audit (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit) guarantees our partners that we meet or exceed the requirements for labour law, health, safety, environment and company ethics.
Furthermore, we have committed ourselves to meet the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code (ETI), which is an international code of practice for ethical business behaviour. And it doesn’t just apply to us. It is also a commitment that our suppliers meet the ethics code.
In consequence, we:
– Offer our employees a hygienic, safe and secure work environment
– Do not use child labour
– Do not discriminate regarding sexual orientation, age, handicap or race
– Do not allow any harsh or inhumane treatment of our employees
– Do not base our decisions on which union or association an employee is a member of
– Comply with all relevant requirements regarding working hours, employment conditions and minimum wage